Well, with about a week left before I am supposed to move back to Iowa City, what at first seemed like a forgone conclusion, may now be in question...will I even be able to get a moving truck into Iowa City? We'll keep our fingers crossed.
So far Emily has been able to get into work alright, and I've touched basis with friends and colleagues still in Iowa City, and they're doing alright so far (most of them live on higher ground, away from the river), but the river isn't supposed to crest until early next week.
At any rate, we both wanted to keep our readers up to date on what's going on in the area, especially alum from the area who are living elsewhere. On the right hand portion of the blog, under "Blogs of Note", you'll find a link to the Univ. of Iowa Flood Website. You may also want to check out The Iowa City Press Citizen's website or Flickr for interesting photos that are updated daily.
Below though are some photos that I found on their website of common areas around Iowa City (for those of you who have lived there and know the area well). We just hope that not too much damage will be sustained...Iowa City's been through a lot between this and the tornado of 2006. But I'd still prefer living there compared to Dallas!
conversations with Ava
14 years ago




1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures of Iowa City.
I can not believe the amount of flooding.
Denise Dumser
(Bruce's Mom)
Post a Comment